Sunday, September 26, 2010

Highlights of the Dilworth Home Tour

Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day for the Dilworth Home Tour!  Susan and I made a day out of it, stopping about halfway through for some guacomole and tacos at Cantina... mmmm.  Anyway, they wouldn't allow cameras, but I still snuck in a few pictures to share, shhhhh.  :)

This was a cute 3/1 on Tremont Ave with a classic bungalow layout...


I loved the mantle and built-ins around the fireplace...


This stunning front porch on Park Rd has been featured in Southern Living magazine...






And the kitchen was beautiful as well with cabinets all the way up to the ceiling and a libray ladder to help you get to them...


Then to make it even better, they added a huge skylight...


Plus, this breakfast nook with original built-ins and tons of charm...


Our favorite house had to be this one on Dilworth Road East...


Unfortunately, I got in trouble for taking pictures here, so I only got this one of the dining room.  But you can tell why I like it - the wainscotting, chandelier, and hydrangeas at each place settting... so pretty!


Oh, and I also snuck a picture of this great patio on our way out...


And finally, this house is one that I've always thought was so pretty from the outside...


But you wouldn't believe how crazy this place was on the inside - Horse hair fabric lining the walls of the entry way with bright pink dog statues welcoming you in.  The entire place was very eclectic with bright colors and super modern decor.  I did really like the master bath though, it was one of the only rooms with a pretty neutral decor, but still tons of pattern with the wallpaper on walls and ceiling...


And the backyard had an amazing courtyard with firepit and pergola...


Ok, I hope you enjoyed! 

By the way, if you are like me and can't get enough of looking at houses, the Elizabeth Home Tour is coming up next weekend.  Also, Homearama is going on in Cornelius now through Oct 10th.  I love this time of year!


No comments:

Post a Comment