Sunday, September 5, 2010

Flea Market Finds

One of my favorite shopping spots in Charlotte is the Metrolina Expo when the Antique Roadshow is in town.  It happens the first weekend of every month, so there are plenty of opportunities to find some treasures!  I like to try and go whenever I can, so I definitely jumped on the opportunity this Labor Day weekend to shop for my living/dining room re-do.  As I sit here on Sunday evening, I am the happiest girl ever because...

(1) I'm enjoying a fabulous glass of red wine from a bottle that Alvin purchased recently at Lake Norman Cottage (by the way, this is an awesome spot for wine and cottage decor, and they even offer wine tasting on a boat which I highly recommend).
(2) One of my top 10 movies is on TBS right now - The Holiday, which also happens to have some great houses that you can check out here at Hooked on Houses.
(3) I don't have to work tomorrow, woohooo!
(4) And of course, I found some amazing items at the Antique show this weekend! 

So, as I enjoy my wine and movie, I'll share my fun two-day antiquing binge.  First, here are a few things I liked as I was browsing through all the different booths...










Here is the one thing I really regret not getting.  It would look great hanging on a wall with a mirror behind it.  I'm definitely going to keep my eye open for something similar next month!

 

And now for the things I decided to purchase...

If you read my last post, you know about my current fabric frenzy.  Well, I fell in love with this fabric and just had to have it.  Let's hope I can figure out what to do with it :) 


How great is this pitcher with the navy blue stripes???


A perfectly shabby artichoke to add to my new collection...


I loved this old chippy-paint corbel.  The picture doesn't even do it justice, but it's got a pretty blue-gray color that will tie in wonderfully with my new color scheme.


That stool I've been using to prop everything up is a purchase as well.  It's also got a pretty shabby look, check out the sea blue color that shows up under the white paint.  I'm using it right now as a side table for my wine :)



I got a great deal on these botanicals, only $1 each!



And now for my most exciting find yet!  I have been looking for something like this for a while now.  Pretty much ever since I saw the dining room from HGTV's Sarah's House.  I love that show, she has the best taste.  Check out how she put vintage corbels in the opening of her dining room. 


So, I want to do the same thing in my new opening with these....


Aren't they great!!  It's soooo hard to find a matching set in this good condition, so I couldn't believe my luck when I found this pair in the right size and perfect style.  Here's a little more of close-up...


And finally, my last purchase is actually a gift for my most frequent reader and good friend, Susan.  I just couldn't resist purchasing them since they were a steal compared to any other oars I've seen.  And these have a nice light blue/turqoise color to them.  I think they'll look adorable in her lake house, even if she just leans them in a corner somewhere.  Hope you like them Susan :)


3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh Renee! They are so cute, I love them! Thanks for thinking of me! I am sensing that you would like to re-do the shelves again? ha ha

    BTW, I totally love the corbels! They are going to look amazing! Can't wait for more house pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all the sarah's houses episodes on dvr! Love that show, too, and especially the farmhouse season. Enjoyed your photos. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete