Friday, April 30, 2010

Getting Crafty

Several weeks ago, Susan and I went to the Metrolina Expo Antique Show and I came across a whole stack of vintage music sheets for only $2 bucks!  This totally inspired me to get crafty and start making my own cards.  I started out pretty simple with some burlappy sage ribbon, a roll of twine, and Aleene's Tacky Glue that I found out about from this post from Young House Love.  You can get the glue at Michael's for like $1.79. 






I enjoyed it so much that I went back to Michael's and picked up a few other types of ribbon from the $1 bin, and splurged on some stamps and a few charms from the jewelry section.  I actually had several people to send cards to for birthdays and stuff, so I started to branch out and try different things.  Here they are...










Then I decided to take this old candle that was kind of falling apart, and give it new life, using the same concept...



Remember that window I recreated for my screened in porch, from this post?  I also added some ribbon as a border around each of the window panes to hide the mistake I made by not removing the old paint.  It really softened the look and the sage color tied it into the theme for the room.


Finally, I used some of the ribbon to frame out 2 of the vintage botanical prints that I found in DC (one of the only non-bird items i purchased, haha), and then hung them with ribbon too.



Anyway, I'm still playing around with all this stuff, but it's been fun to get crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment